This real-time SMS API is built to the very best practice architecture guidelines for RESTful API design. Ideal for developers anticipating a deeper and more extensive integration solution, you can send batches of up to 500 destination numbers per submission in real-time through our international SMS messaging gateway. Interact with Clickatell using JSON or XML.
Why use this API?
- Extremely reliable and convenient to use, with an intuitive, hierarchical and consistent structure, supported by embedded resource links.
- Version control mechanisms to allow for future upgrades.
- Allows for the sending of multi-language Unicode message.
- Simplified token-based authentication on all API commands.
- Embedded resource links to our online technical documents.
- Schedule a message to be sent at a specific time, of up to 7 days ahead.
- Full two-way messaging capabilities.
- Delivery acknowledgment and Sender ID can be set up.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Provides the ability to receive real-time message status notifications to your system.
When to use this API
The REST API is ideal for improving customer service and delighting your customers by using information from your existing CRM system.