The FTP API is perfect for once-off, high volume message dispatches, and up to 50 000 messages can be sent at a time. It is particularly useful for batch processing from legacy systems – simply upload to our FTP server, and your messages are sent instantly. Clickatell also creates a history log file in your FTP folder with the status details of all messages.
Why use this API?
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgment and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation – should your message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway; queuing lets you specify up to three prioritized queues that your messages can be sent out on.
- Schedule a message for up to seven days in advance.
- Batch sending and two-way messaging.
When to us this API
The FTP API is ideal for:
- converting a large database of customers through a marketing campaign
- promotions and other messaging that is not particularly time-sensitive
- batch processing from legacy systems