SMTP API Overview
If you want to connect to our SMS Gateway and send email to SMS, the best way is with a server-generated e-mail, making SMTP the connection for you. You can send SMS notifications, reminders, alerts or any other type of text message globally via an email server and our bulk SMS SMTP API. This is the industry standard used by operators to interconnect for high-volume text messaging.
Why use this API?
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- It gives you support for extended length messages.
- Able to use our converters to turn ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- You can use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgment and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation – should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway; queuing lets you specify up to three prioritized queues that your messages can be sent out on.
- Delivery delay gives you the ability to specify a delay of up to seven days when sending messages.
- You can set up batch sending.
- While two-way messaging is not a feature of SMTP you can make use of HTTP, FTP or SMPP to receive incoming messages.
When to use this API
The SMTP API is ideal for educating your audience and keeping them informed about the latest developments in your business.
Submit a Comment
Ask the Community
Visit Stack Overflow to join our community of developers and find the answer you need
Contact our support team and one of our agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you have