What is Flow?
Flow is an easy-to-use web-based application that allows you to quickly and collaboratively design and deploy conversational experiences across multiple chat applications and connect it to your organization’s core functional APIs. Its visual interface enables you to create, edit, preview and deploy flows to ensure you engage with your end-users efficiently via the channels they enjoy using most. Flow enables you to fully leverage all of Clickatell’s product lines for seamless integration and for switching user engagement between a chatbot and an agent desk.
Flow gives you access to the following:
- Workflow builder and management tool – Migrate existing mobile applications, create new experiences or edit ones that don’t work effectively using our simple drag-and-drop user interface.
- Bot conversation management – Use tools such as our built-in keywords to manage dialogues as humanly as possible.
- Handover of conversations from Flow workflows (bot-based conversation) to a human agent using Clickatell’s Chat Desk.
- API integration – Connect to 3rd party APIs and add some personality to your conversations within minutes and without developer resources; utilize predefined integrations from your library and incorporate them into your flows. This will allow your user experience to be replicated to all operational markets quickly and across our rapidly expanding list of chat application partnerships.
Flow is currently available to use with the following channels:
Getting started with Flow
To start using this application, you first have to activate and configure it from within the user portal by following the steps below.
Step 1: Register your Clickatell account & log in to portal
Sign up and create your free Clickatell account. Once you’ve verified your account, log in to the Clickatell portal. From the Products & Services tab you can activate the channels and products that you want to utilize. The My Workspace tab provides access to all the channels and products you have activated on your account and allows you to configure and manage each.
Step 2: Activate Flow
To activate Flow as a product on your account, click the Flow card under Products on the Products & Services tab. Click on the ‘+Activate product’ button. This will add Flow as a product under the My Workspace tab.
Step 3: Purchase subscription
In the My Workspace tab, select the Flow card.
If you have a prepaid account, you need to purchase a subscription before you can enable Flow. Click the ‘Purchase Subscription‘ button and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
Note: If you have a postpaid account, you will not be able to self-provision Flow. Instead, you have to click the ‘Contact Sales’ button and the Clickatell Sales Team will gladly assist you.
Step 4: Launch Flow
Once a subscription has been purchased, you can launch Flow in a new tab from My Workspace –> Flow.
Step 5: Design flow
From within the Flow tool, you can build your flow(s) to cater for your specific use case. For detailed information on how to use the Flow product itself, see the Flow User Guide.
Note: Clickatell offers professional services where we assist you in designing and building your flows. For more details and pricing information, contact our support team.
Step 6: Link Flow to your channels
To link the channels you’ve activated in your Clickatell portal to the flow you’ve built, set up the relevant API integrations and routes in Flow using the unique API key that is generated when you set up new channel integrations in your portal.
Step 7: Link Flow to Chat Desk (optional)
Your customers might require a human counterpart to answer their queries from time to time. Chat Desk is Clickatell’s easy-to-use web-based application that enables real-time communication with your customers via a single web interface. As part of your workflow in Flow, you can direct your customers to Chat Desk to put them in contact with a ‘human agent’ (and back to Flow if required).
Note: this is only applicable to the WhatsApp channel
To set up this link:
- Set up Chat Desk and configure Flow in your Clickatell portal.
- Send a request to our support team (or to your account manager) so they can assist you in linking the flow with your Chat Desk.
Submit a Comment
Ask the Community
Visit Stack Overflow to join our community of developers and find the answer you need
Contact our support team and one of our agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you have