This guide is an easy-to-read introduction on the way clients can look up buyer product tokens/vouchers related to purchases.
Why use this API?
The Token Lookup API may be used by clients to lookup tokens/vouchers to present back to the buyer/customer who purchased token-related products via Clickatell’s Transact platform. This is an alternative way for the buyers to view their purchased tokens/vouchers and will mainly be used if they did not receive the original SMS containing the purchased token.
Note: The API will only return the tokens for transactions where the buyer initiated the purchase (including gifted) but will not include any tokens received via gifting/3rd party purchases.
For definitions of each, see here.
Getting started with the Token Lookup API
To interface with Clickatell, the following needs to be set up, configured and tested:
Step 1:Integrate withSecurity Service API:
- Follow the instructions in the Security Service APIquick-start guide to request a token with your client_secret and client_id
- Use the API_key and access_token in the following request (Step 2)
Step 2: Call Token Lookup API (this API)
- Add the API_key and access_token to the request header
- Use the client_id supplied during integration
- Use the following fields for the token lookup:
A high-level view of this interface is illustrated below: