This guide is an easy-to-read introduction on how to look up and confirm the status of transactions.
Why use this API?
The Transaction Lookup API may be used after a purchase to confirm the transaction status.
The Transact Result API pushes the transaction status to a client as soon as the final status is available in the Clickatell platform, and the Transaction Lookup API (this API) is a secondary API that can be used to confirm the status of a transaction after a purchase.
Note: Only transactions performed within the last 30 days will be available through the Transaction Lookup API.
For definitions of each, see here.
Getting started with the Transaction Lookup API
To interface with Clickatell, the following needs to be set up, configured and tested:
Step 1: Integrate with Security Service API
- Follow the instructions in the Security Service API quick-start guide to request a token with your client_secret and client_id
- Use the API_key and access_token in the following request (Step 2)
Step 2: Call Transaction Lookup API (this API)
- Add the API_key and access_token to the request header
- Use the client_id supplied during integration
- Use one of the following fields for the transaction lookup:
Step 3: Evaluate the transaction status
- The transactionStatus field will indicate the current transaction status
- The reserveFundsResponseCode field will contain the responseCode that was received in the response from the funding source during the Reserve Funds API call.
- The transactResultResponseCode field will contain the responseCode that was sent to the funding source during the Transact Result API call
- If no transaction is found the API will return “HTTP/1.1 404”
A high-level view of this interface is illustrated below:
For a list of all roles-players/stakeholders involved in the purchasing process, see here.