What is the difference between a status callback and a reply callback on One API?
When setting up your One API integration, you can optionally configure the following callback URLs.
- Status callback – Enable delivery notifications to receive status updates on messages sent from your business to your customers. Set the address where these status updates must be sent to.
- Reply callback (2-way only) – Enable reply callbacks and add the address where you want the replies from your end-users to go to.
Note that the status callbacks and reply callback may be configured to go to different addresses. For example, the reply callback can be sent directly to Chat Flow to trigger a specific flow depending on the reply.
Callbacks can also be edited at any stage by navigating to My Workspace –> API integrations and selecting the API from the table.
- The business initiates a WhatsApp conversation by sending an interactive HSM template message to their end-users, e.g., “Your airtime is running low”. Note this message is sent via a direct integration to One API.
- One API’s status callback details are configured so the message (delivery) status will be sent back to the business system informing them of the message’s processing state.
- The end-user receives the template message and responds by selecting the appropriate action available, e.g., an auto-reply button to “Buy airtime”.
- This inbound reply is returned to One API
- The reply callback details on One API is configured (differently from the status callback) so that this message gets sent directly to Chat Flow which then triggers the “Buy airtime” flow that has been set up in Chat Flow.
Submit a Comment
Ask the Community
Visit Stack Overflow to join our community of developers and find the answer you need
Contact our support team and one of our agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you have