SMS is available on all our platform packages.
What is SMS?
For more information, see:
Which SMS product option is best for me?
The table below compares Clickatell’s SMS Gateway and API products so you can easily select the one that is most suitable to your needs.
|SMS APIs||SMS Gateway*|
|A business sending any number of messages per month||
Large enterprise, aggregator, partner, or reseller sending a minimum of 250 000 messages per month
|Plan on using other messaging channels in addition to SMS (WhatsApp, etc.)||
SMS is the only channel you require
|Require an HTTP API or REST-based API (Clickatell’s One API supports other digital channels such as WhatsApp)||
Require access to specialized APIs like SMPP (in addition to standard APIs such as HTTP and REST)
|Require standard and priority routing as well as standard feature controls||
Require custom routing profiles and full feature-level controls
|Want access to Clickatell’s Chat Flow, Chat Desk, and Campaign Manager products||
Require any type of special services such as conversion APIs, custom monitoring, content registration, locale domicile pricing, etc.
|Want a pre-paid or post-paid billing agreement||
Want a post-paid billing agreement
NOTE: We are no longer creating new accounts for the SMS Gateway platform, except in very specific circumstances. The de facto API to use is the One API. Please reach out to our Support Team with any questions.
What applications are supported?
Once your SMS channel is activated, it will also be available to use with the following Clickatell products:
- Chat Flow (automated messaging)
- Chat Desk (live agent messaging)
- Chat 2 Pay (payments in messaging)
- One API (direct messaging)
Benefits of Clickatell’s SMS offering
- Extensive global reach.
- Business mobile-initiated or customer mobile-initiated SMS offering.
- Cost-optimized or premium dedicated routing available.
- Central management of various in-country governance requirements.
- Sender ID management and registration.
- Seamless number acquisition and management.
- Scalable message per second capacity able to cater for large batch volumes as well as priority real-time sending.
- Access to subject matter experts with global industry experience.
Submit a Comment
Ask the Community
Visit Stack Overflow to join our community of developers and find the answer you need
Contact our support team and one of our agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you have